Atom Feed

Dr. Freud & Mr. Bunny on Iraq

Sunday, October 09, 2005

I happened into a classical guitarist performing at a museum several years ago, and he was phenomenal. So when I got an e-mail saying he'd be at Dizzy's playing some Beatles tunes on John Lennon's birthday, I decided to go. Took one of my kids. Didn't matter that it was a school night. He was interested and he's great company. The thing is, the guy would play chords for a while, the rhytmn section, I guess. Then he'd click some device with his foot, and a recording of what he just played would start looping. He'd then add the melody and, on some pieces, a few other bits. By the end of most pieces, he was "playing" at least two guitars and maybe three or four. I'd prefer to see him play just the one, but this multi-guitar trick was unbelievable--and seamless. A guy named Chuck Perrin owns the club. I hired him several years ago to play guitar and sing on the one song I ever wrote that I had recorded. He's mostly a jazz performer, but brings in other stuff, too. Anyway, all this is to say that he told me he has high-quality MP3s of some of his work available for free and legal download at his Web site. Check it out. Click :44 of Love on the home page. Oh, and my blog has a new look. It's not where I want, but I think it's an improvement. And getting that off my plate for a while, anyway, will free me up to look at some things I want to accomplish with the strip. 'course, have to wait and see what I think of this new approach in a week or two. Thanks for reading this far. e-mail this strip: click the envelope below | Tomorrow: Jen Strip: The Man in The Mirror

4 Comments:

Blogger author said...

Don't thank us - the way I see it Twitz is a MUST READ! I have no choice in the matter - I just have to read it!

Don't know what I'll do if you get bored with it...

btw the new look is great!

12:37 AM  
Blogger P-Zan Leong said...

Woot! I like the changes and Twitz is a catchy name :) (Have edited my post to change the name.)

That guitarist sounds like a one-man band.

3:21 AM  
Blogger Ben said...

Dude, that strip made me laugh out loud, literally. Nice.

7:00 AM  
Blogger A. Klemmer said...

Hi Rarity: Thanks. Your visits and comments are always much appreciated. Don't think I'm getting bored. Just been fighting for the time lately.

Ms. Wanderer: Glad you like it. Your feedback is always valued. Thanks for the investment, too. I suspect the value of your blog is going to climb.

Hey Ben: I checked out your profile and blog (left a comment on the Calvin and Hobbes strip, but it didn't post while I was there), and I'm glad you're here. Good to have a conservative voice in the house, both politically and theologically. I hope you come back and comment when so moved.

9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home